After the students in the senior class graduate from your district are you still talking to the parents of those alumni?
If not, you should be.
Parents of alumni represent one of the greatest untapped resources for a school district. They attended every event, fundraiser, concert, academic competition, booster club function, PTA meeting, etc. These parents are your district’s fanatics – they have your love and affection.
Your district should want to go out of its way to let them know the feeling is mutual, even after their role in chili suppers and Race for the Cure events has ended.
Here are the benefits of starting a district Parents of Alumni Program:
- Stay in touch with your “brand fanatics” – they are your word-of-mouth ambassadors and will continue to be.
- Create and foster a community that no longer has direct ties to the district.
- Develop a source for volunteerism.
- Develop a source for your education foundation.
- Say “thank you” to a group of parents who has been very loyal to the district.
Most importantly, changing from a “district parent” to a “district taxpayer” changes the dynamic. Parents always have been taxpayers, but now they don’t have regular reminders about what their investment is paying for. Forming a parent alumni program keeps this stakeholder group in the know.
Ready to start a Parents of Alumni Program for your district?